Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's a Green Sky!

    But we survived! Never have I ever experience something like yesterday. Poor Oxford got hit with a huge storm with tornado like conditions. In fact we have at least three funnel clouds and multiple tornado warnings in addition to watches. In Virginia we aren't exposed to such weather as often so it was all new to me. The highlight of my day, in addition to missing 3/4 of class, was standing out on Matt's back porch and watching the sky turn. It was such a crazy shade of green but I couldn't enjoy it long as within seconds I was in a small windowless bathroom seeking shelter. 
     Around the county, houses were destroyed, roads were flooded and ever on campus things aren't like they used to be. Please send up a prayer has across the South fatalities occurred because of such awful storms. 

No comments: