Monday, January 17, 2011

Keep It Real


      With just one short day left in Northern Virginia (NOVA) I think it is the right time to write of the past. Not my past by any means but the past. As it is clear at school I am 16 hours from home and when leaving for school the only person I knew was my now best friend Ricky. Northern Virginia has been my home for 18 long years. I have many friends who still live in the area and have gone off to in state schools. While I love Ole Miss and cry at the thought of transferring, Northern Virginia will always be my home. My Virginia friends are amazing, and the same can be said for the crazy bunch I call friends down at school.
       To me this is what is most important, surrounding oneself with the right kind of people. At home I have my best friend I have known for ages, well almost 13 years this summer. I have high school friends who I adore and love to death, they made high school worth it. Some of which know me better then I know myself, some of my odd habits, most ticklish spots and well just my crazy self. And has I venture off to Ole Miss and change not only in appearance but in my actions it would kill me to lose those friendships. Although we are just not the same people we used to be. After all, college is supposed to be where one can grow and evolve.
      My Ole Miss friends are amazing, making freshmen year the best. My three best girlfriends and I have a blast going on road trips to Memphis, going out or even just kickin it in the dorm. We are all so different yet some how, I miss them to death and beam when thinking about being reunited with them shortly. Now for guys, Ricky is my rock, he lives in Northern Virginia and we have a crazy family connection. Anyway he’s my best friend, he knows everything and without him I would probably crumble into pieces. Through him I have met several great people, Porter being one of them. Porter is so easy to talk to and we have a great time just joking around acting like children (Blahhh)
  Now I am sure you are wondering why I am on this rant, but trust me I have a point! Not everyone is prefect, I am surely not but keeping it real is so easy when you are with your friends. Let’s get real here, who can have a great time when they are trying to impress someone or act like a fake Barbie. It is important to find who you are, be yourself and surround yourself with people who like you for who you are. Trying to act like someone your not won’t get you the best of friends, we have to keep it real.