Thursday, January 13, 2011

Family is Forever...

   Warning- kind of a serious post

  I don’t care what anyone says 5:30 am does not look pretty on anyone.  Anyway I spent my entire day at Walter Reed Medical Center. If you aren’t familiar with the military hospitals, it’s the main one for returning war veterans and has the top technology. Basically it is like the Mecca of the military hospitals. I was there for a bone scan; if you have experienced one then you know the pain of sitting, waiting for 3 or 4 hours. While, I was there I had the chance to people watch.
    Now this is nothing stalkerish but there was this couple. I only saw them for less then a minute but it was clear as day.  The man had had lost both arms and legs, having all prosthetic replacements. His wife walked with him, stopping to help him adjust, holding his papers, she watch carefully has he still looked unstable. He gave her a peck after they left the office and off they went.  It made my heart melt. I couldn't help but send up a prayer for them and their strength.
    I can’t say anything from the soldier’s point of view because I am not a soldier.
 Although I do come from a military family, I speak proudly of my dad when mentioning his 27 year service to our country.  I know first hand he did not do it on his own though, my mother and entire family supported him. Like every other military person, he a had support and love from family and friends. Worrying about him while he was deployed, taking care of things at home, welcoming him back with open arms and a home cooked meal. So next time you see a military person and thank them for their service and do not forget about their family. Because while they fight for our freedom overseas, their family is back in the land of the free praying for their safe return.  




xoxo

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

It takes a very special person to put their life on the line for their country. They all are very blessed and will never be forgotten!