Friday, January 14, 2011

Furry Friends

     I have always had a soft spot in my heart for animals. I love my boys, Fred & Barney whole heartedly, don't get me wrong but I do love pups. We had to put the family pup, Penny  down the day before I left for college. Penny came into the family when I started kindergarten, she started school with me and ended it. With everything going on down at school there is no way I could manage a pup on my own, not to mention I live in a dorm. So to get my furry fix when I volunteer at the animal shelter in Oxford. 
     On my first visit I wanted to take home all the pups (I call all dogs pups) and was saddened at how many stray animals where there. Has I continued my visits, I found happiness in allowing them to socialize on walks or cuddle a kitten. I was not allowed to take them back with me but I could make their homelessness a little more kind. It is such a rewarding feeling and makes me miss my boys a little less. Not to mention it looks great on a resume and the animal shelters always look for helping hands. 




Since I talk about them enough, it only makes sense to share some pictures of my boys. I am known for falling in love with my friends animals. My high school ex boyfriend had this adorable black lab-pit mix named Chelsea. I loved Chelsea so much. Same goes with my friend from Ole Miss, Porter and his pup Flash. I am convinced that I love Flash more then he does. I love any animal except those who have scales or feathers. 




Fred isn't exactly the brains but he sure is a pretty face.


                      
Barney loves to snuggle 


Clearly they are brothers!






My sister and Penny 
(RIP Penny 2010)

No comments: