Sunday, June 9, 2013

a cool delight




 Iced Coffee is my new obsession. 
I always knew it was good but am now completely hooked
Yesterday I made a pitcher, and it's almost gone. 
It is just too hot for a regular cup in the morning. 
The recipe I found off pintrest and it was perfect! 
Super simple and besides chilling took no time at all. 


1) Coffee grounds to water ratio. I made about 10 cups which used 1/4 a cup of grounds. Everybody has a different liking so adjust as needed. I poured the grounds in a different pitcher than the one I was planning on keeping it in. 
2) Once the water and grounds are added let it sit in the fridge for at least 6 hours. The longer it sits the more flavor. 
3) After the time as passed, and you sink is empty but the empty pitcher in the sink. I used a two paper towels and a rubber band to act as my coffee filter. I put the two paper towels over the pitcher and secured it with the rubber band.(Other directions had two people, one holding the filter and one pouring.) 

4) Slowly I begin to pour the coffee ground water mixture on to the paper towel covered pitcher. Giving the water time to filter and making sure the paper towel does not tear. I did have to change the paper towels out once but I think I was being overly cautious. 

5) Once that was complete I added my cream and sugar to my liking. This did take some sampling. 
6) I poured myself a glass and the rest in the fridge! 


No comments: