Tuesday, May 28, 2013

And A Way We Go!

    Summer time means traveling! Recently I made the journey back down to school for summer classes. But that doesn't mean I won't be traveling this summer! In mid-June my "brother" is getting married in North Carolina and my flight has been booked for weeks now. In August, my family is taking a trip to Bermuda- super exciting! And finally I am spending Labor Day weekend in Nashville with my parents. Three exciting trips in three very short months. Also this summer my best friend and I are trying to squeeze in a weekend trip to St. Louis to visit sorority sisters and the Kentucky bourbon distillery trail. 

    All this traveling makes me wonder if I am traveling up to my fully preppy ability! So of course I consulted the preppy Bible - True Prep.  Lucky I found the Prep Traveling Commandments  (pg. 45) which enlighten me on a few interesting pieces of knowledge! 



Prep Travel Commandments
1) Thou shall not fly first class
2)Thou shalt use thy frequent-flier miles whenever possible 
3) Thou mayest fly business class if thy destination is more than five hours away
4) On board, the wine will not be fine; therefore, drinkest beer or spirits
5) Thou shall not wear shorts, sweatpants or flip flops on an airplane
6) If thou shall take sleeping pills thou must try not to snore
7) Thou must not complain about jet lag
8) Thou must take lots of photographs
9) Thou are encouraged to rent cars in strange places
10) Exotic locations are encouraged
11) Thou shall try tonic water in other lands, as it tastes different
12) Thou willst always have (had) a wonderful time. 



No comments: