Sunday, May 5, 2013

Finally Finals

    Oh finals week, it's the one aspect of college I will surely not miss. My hardest final is tomorrow and the nerd I am, I have been studying most of last week and all weekend for this. I'll be damed if I don't make an A, after all I actually understand the material for this one! Thankfully this should be my last anatomy course for a while, until graduate school at least. I take the anatomy final at 9 and have my sign language conversational final at 1:30. Totally prepared for that, I love signing out and public. 
          The language is fascinating and so fun. My boyfriend is in the course with me. We love going out to dinner and signing to each other, it really freaks out the waiter when we start to speak to each other. The other night we had another table come up and say that all night they were going back and forth on which one, if anybody was actually deaf. I think it will be something we continue to do even when the semester is over. 
     Speaking of the semester being over, 7 more days and I will be a senior! Such a scary thought!! 





Before I leave for the week here are some tips to survive finals!

1) remember it is only a test- not the end of the world

2) there is such a thing as to much caffeine, for every drink with caffeine in it you need one glass of water. 

3) Music may making studying fun but unless it's jazz or classic it is hindering your brain's performance. 

4) Change up your study spot, when the coffee house gets to crowded the library is most likely empty. Personally my kitchen table is where I like to study. 

5) Take breaks, one long study session does little good when you aren't focused. For every hour you study take a ten minute break. 

6) SLEEP! Studying while you are exhausted does very little, instead of staying up late go to bed early and wake up early. You are more likely to get a lot more accomplished with some shut eye.

7) Eat healthy. Now more than ever does your brain need all of the nutrients you can give it. Consider an apple or strawberries over the brownie or cookies. 

8) Write things out. You brain is more likely to process the information if it is hand written. Personally I use a white board because it saves paper. 

9) If you are nervous getting to the testing site early helps to relief some of the anxiety. Sitting in the room and taking a few deep breaths releases a lot of tension. 

10) When you/if you have a change to relax remember to do something for yourself. Watch a movie, eat ice cream, get A drink, it's not against the law to have a little fun during finals week. 


Best of luck and say a prayer! 

No comments: