Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27th

     Unofficially, Memorial day is signifies the changing from spring to summer. It means the pool will open, the schools will let out and it is one more day to enjoy with family and friends. The Federal Government gives the holiday to remember those we lost in the line of duty. I am from a military family (my dad served in the Gulf War and my grandfather fought in World War ll) so patriotism is something that runs through my veins.  Please take time today to reflect on those who died for your freedom.  A moment of remembrance occurs at 3:00pm local time and flags should be at half staff at noon.  They gave all they had to serve and protect our great country. The home of free because of the brave.  


My grandfather when he enlisted at age 17 



My dad and his parents the day he signed his commission

No comments: