Friday, July 29, 2011

I survived!


If you have been wondering where I have been I can tell you it was a crazy week. I was a camp counselor  for a medical camp at the Virginia Hospital Center. With 24 campers I trekked all around the hospital taking them to different departments. They did some really cool things like scrubbing up for surgery, becoming CPR certified, working on a mock car accident and going in an ambulance & fire truck. Honestly I would have loved to be a camper. It was a great program, very well-organized and the campers had a blast! 

Although, I am exhausted. It was well worth it but keeping up/track of 24 middle schoolers was hard. (To my middle school teachers.... I am so sorry!) They were into everything, all over the place I could hardly keep track of them. Thank God nobody was lost for to long which was my biggest fear! I really enjoyed being a part of their experience, hope ever I felt old when I made a movie reference and nobody got it. (My co-worker was to old and the kids were to young to understand.) All in all I survived, I don't see how people do that traffic but that is a rant for another day! Needless to say tonight's Happy Hour was well deserved!! 

No comments: