Sunday, July 24, 2011

Book...Book...Movie?!

I love reading! It's relaxing and allows me to visit places I can only dream about. With summer school over I have  the chance to pick up some awesome books that are being made into movies. Although sadly, like they always say, the books are better then the movies!  


The book I am in the middle of is called The Help. It is about black maids who work in white households Jackson, MS during the 60's.Yes, it does talk about Ole Miss, for clarification the girls have changed, less MRS and more PHD! The book in general is very well written and the story seems new, not some over used idea. I can wait to finish it.





A book less southern and more serious that I enjoyed was Sarah's Key. The book was about the Nazi'sVel’ d’Hiv’ round up and a young girls journey to her brother.  It is so sad but so intriguing because I have yet to come across a book from the Jewish child's point of view. I can say that I bawled during certain chapters, my heart just went out to those children. Nobody can really relate to all that the suffered.  The book flipped back and forth between present and past day. Sarah the ten year old Jewish girl and a journalist who is uncovering the story. 


Both have been great reads! I highly recommend them! 


PS. Be looking for a movie review, I can't wait!!! 


No comments: