Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Aftermath...


     Never have I been a huge fan of Valentine’s Day. I love romance and that kind of thing but I think that there shouldn’t be one day that should make a couple appreciate “us”.  Not only that but showing love should be done daily not once a year. I don’t hate it my any means but it’s not my favorite holiday.
     This year however was different.  I had to put my views of Valentine’s day aside as this year’s plans included my boyfriend. With his crazy weekend and my crazy week we kept it low key. Has I had meetings and sorority events till almost nine we ate desert and just relaxed. Which in it’s self was enough because I haven’t seen him much with everything going on, we did exchange presents, although what really made me feel special was a hand written letter. I won’t go into details but I honestly got really emotional while reading it.
    As usual my mom and dad did send me a little something in the form of a package and card. But what caught me by surprise was a package from one of my friends at home. Derek (my friend from back home) and I have been friends for awhile and senior year we became closer then ever. He kept me sane the final semester has we always-talked football or music or just about life. Well unexpectedly he sent me a Valentine’s Day package. Inside was a blanket he made for me, it sports Ole Miss colors and footballs… too perfect! It is so adorable and proudly it is being displayed at the foot of my bed. I am so blessed to have such an amazing friend.  
     All and all, Valentine’s Day came and went, with it came smiles and tears of happiness. Just remember that emotions shouldn’t be expressed once a year rather daily.


  xoxo

My present to Matt, the movie ticket collage is an inside joke 

Derek's blanket! 




No comments: