Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sand Art!

 So this is my family annual beach week at the Outer Bank, NC. Last night we took a walk on the beach and saw some great sand art. We didn't have to walk very long to find the first one, a very spirited Virginia Tech family began work at 10 am and where finishing up around 5. From what I had gathered the entire family is a Hookie. The granddad directed as his sons/sons-in-law did the heavy jobs and the little kids ran finding the sea weed for the lobsters head. When I asked why they add the spray paint he said it was so hold the sand down in the wind because once the sand dries it is easily picked up by the wind-clearly he is an old pro!  





As we continued our walk we ran into what I only assume as an Angry Bird. I don't play the game but the detail is amazing! 


I loved to play in the sand when I was little but never created anything like those! 

No comments: