Monday, June 4, 2012

a little preoccupied

        Busy does not even begin to describe the end of my spring semester. Between classes, sorority obligations, finding a job and the sudden death of my granddaddy I hardly had time to myself. Some days I was lucky if I had time to check my email. Things went from manageable to "ahhh" in the blink of an eye. I found a summer job as a nanny, sorority obligations were filled, finals came and went and I said an extremely hard goodbye. 

   Granddaddy was the closed thing I had to home while down at school. Matt & I went to visit him often, I loved listening to them swap old war stories. His door was always open to me and several times he jokingly asked for rent - I stored so much of my stuff there. Before I came to Ole Miss, he and my grandma would visit every Christmas. Besides being such a help around the house he always read The Night Before Christmas to us. And while growing up they would make a second appearance around summer time as they made their trip up to Lewiston. He will be missed by all who knew him. 




No comments: