Thursday, June 7, 2012

Rules of Fashion

Being a summer nanny has given me tons of time to catch up on my reading! First I tackled The Official Preppy Handbook, second of course was True Prep. Both are fast reads with a ton of very true rules to being a prep. I consider myself to be a modern prep so naturally I agreed with majority of the articles. One in particular I feel very strongly was the rules of fashion which applies to everyone. I got the list from True Prep and of course add some of my own. 


1) Your undergarments must not show, use a belt, put on a strapless bra just do something. 


2) Do not display your wit through T-Shirt Slogans  


3) Purses and Shoes do not need to match although belts and shoes must


4) Don't knock seersucker until you have tried it. Give it a chance before you claim "its not for you"


5) Nose rings, belly button piercings, tongue rings and ankle bracelets all scream TRASHY so think twice. 


6) Sneakers are NEVER to be worn with skirts. Riding boots are okay for non riders same goes for cowboy boots.


7) Jewelry doesn't need to match although the metals should, excluding the wedding band/engagement ring


8) Tattoos- They have to mean something or they just look stupid & for the love of God please put them in a spot       where they won't stretch or be seen. 


9) The price of your clothes doesn't matter what does is that they properly fit. 


10) While on the theme of clothes, dress your age, you look pathetic wearing your teenagers clothes. 






"The best fashion statement is no fashion statement" 

No comments: