Friday, June 15, 2012

Baby Blue Dresser

    I have painted my first piece of furniture! The idea came from pintrest and with the help of Bobby from Home Depot it came out exactly as I hoped. Sorry for my lack of pictures I had not idea this project was going to be blog worthy. 




(Storm clouds began to move in before I got to snap more pictures)




     After I removed all of the hardware, I gently sanded all of the surfaces I wanted to paint. This took off the glossy finish and gave the piece a unique look. I used two coats of Kilz primer, I chose this one because the spray paint can was cheap and less mess and it worked out great. Once that all had dried I used Krylon Ocean Breeze spray paint for my main color. It only took three cans which gave the entire dresser three coats! Has that dried I went and saw Bobby at Home Depot and he showed me the Martha Stewart Bronze Glaze. This is the first item I could not buy at Walmart and was the most expensive- a whooping eight dollars. With an old cleaning rag I applied the glaze fairly generous over the Ocean Breeze color. The glaze highlight the destressed look I was aiming for while I was sanding. I haven't added a sealer, not sure if I need to because I have a piece of glass that is going to protect the top. 




No comments: