Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I am alive!


      I survived! It was a weekend full of fun which was just what the doctor ordered. Nobody was arrested or sent to the ER so it was very much successful.  Driving down we were rear-ended and drove through an awful rain storm (I couldn't see the car in front of me) Needless to stay we started the party right away. The girls (Alexandra, Katelyn, Renae & I) stayed with one of Alexandra's family friends house whose son also goes to Ole Miss. He brought home two of his close friends and along with his older brother Chris... an LSU grad student (one of few awesome LSU fans) we hit the night life. 
     Because of Chris' experience of Mardi Gras, I feel like we did it the right way. We hit Bourbon Street saturday afternoon, after light shopping at the French Quarter and Cannel Place. Of course we had Cafe du monde for Beignets, words cannot describe how amazing they tasted. Saturday night we had Crawfish Fettuccine, my first time trying crawfish and I really liked it! Of course went out in downtown, New Orleans which was said to be less crowded and safer. We hit a bar/dance club? called F&M which was a blast and another place called Bruno's which was apparently where a lot of the Loyola students go. We ran into more people from Ole Miss and just had a great time. Such a good time that we over slept out alarm set for ten on Sunday and didn't leave for Oxford until two... whoops! The drive back was uneventful and I loved our trip to New Orleans (it's one of my new favorite cities). The weekend over all was one for the books! Our little group is beginning to plan an April get away to LSU to visit Chris... he offered to host us multiple times.




The original group from Ole Miss 


 Bourbon Street at Noon

No comments: