Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

    Sadly spring break is over, it was a week full of classic rock, airports and family. On Saturday Matt and I woke up at 5 AM and drove to see his family in Fort Worth. They are the sweetest people ever, it was really nice to met his younger brother and parents after already meeting his older sister and her husband. Also in Texas I met his two oldest childhood friends who shared some great stories in addition to his parent's stories and pictures of his childhood. Matt had a few things to take care of on monday so we didn't fly out until tuesday morning... up at 4 to catch a 7 AM flight... so much for sleeping in during spring break.  
   Off to Virginia we went! Home was home, mom had re-done my room (I'll save that for another post) and was working on updating the rest of the bedrooms. She is eager to finish this project has her next involves the new beach house they bought! (again details to come) Mom loves to cook and bring home Matt allowed her to do just that. Her cooking has never tasted better,makes me wish I got a homecooked meal more often. On Wednesday another early morning got Matt and I to New York City for the day (once again detail in another post) On Thursday I got my hair down, I swear by the Keratin Treatment for anyone with curls who desire to control them! I took Matt to the military base where he was reunited with an old buddy who he was deployed with. Watching them be reunited made me cry a little inside. And we left friday back to Texas for Matt's muster. Don't ask me what it is all I know it has something to do with the Army and his time in Iraq. It was supposed to be done at 11 or so Matt claims and it is now nearly one. Needless to say it is going to be a long day!  Hope y'all had a wonderful spring break! I am so eager to get back to Oxford to collect my package from J. Crew. 


xoxo 







No comments: