Sunday, September 15, 2013

Swipe Right?

         Recently I have gone through a break up. My ex boyfriend of nearly three years and I decided that it was not meant to be. We could go way in to details about all of that but instead I am through the sad and shopping stages and now on to single and ready for adventure stages. While my nanny kid was taking a nap, I came across the application Tinder. Skeptical of what it was all about, I downloaded it... why not? I am single and this is a new adventure? 
        Anyway you link it to facebook and select your sexual orientation before the application begins to show you other peoples "profiles." The profile include four pictures, a few sentences in their about me and their age. You either swipe left if you aren't interested or swipe right if you are. Kind of a cool concept if you ask me but can be very nerve racking. If you swipe right and they swipe right than you can message them. There is the option to block members as well. 
       My roommates and I have all download this app. Two thirds of us have been on dates with it already! Using our best judgement this as been a very comforting way to go on a "blind" date. I have even reconnected with an friend from freshmen year! All in all the three of us have had some fun connecting with new friends from tinder. When in doubt... swipe right! You never know what will come of it :) 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Sounds like a fun app!

Lauren,
http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/