Sunday, September 22, 2013

Steals and Deals!

      So recently I have began to save for grad school. This means my shopping budget now is cute in half. Recently a good friend and I went to Memphis to escape the small town friday night. To have a little extra spending money I cleaned out my closet to bring to Plato's Closet- they give you cash on the spot for slightly used clothes. After leaving there with $90 dollars cash we ventured to Home Goods! Which is a dangerous move for me being on a budget and with the new hobby of cooking. I walked away from the store only spending $15... impressive for me! 
Seriously Sticky Fingers Mix makes the best scones! 
Found some at Home Goods! 


That left me with $85 left to spend... still a nice chunk of change considering I started with a bag full of sweater I wasn't going to wear again. Next we ventured to Stein Mart, where they were having a red dot sale. Of course it was all of their summer clothes, but any decent shopper knows the best deals are when you shop off season! I walked away with an adorable navy and white poka doted dress! (Picture to come I promise) With the sale and a coupon I walked away paying $11. Talk about a steal, two stores and I have only spent $36... new record for me. It wouldn't be a trip to Memphis without stopping at target. This is where things get cray cray! 



I just downloaded the Target Cartwheel application so I had some coupons! Who doesn't love virtual coupons?!? I walked away with two pairs of flats, a sweater, yoga pants, school supplies, toys for isla and a box of pumpkin cream cheese cookies for $68! My coupons where 20% off the shoes, 10% off the sweater, yoga pants and the dog toys. The school supplies was all on clearance... 4 cents a folder don't mind if I do! The only thing I paid full price for with the pumpkin cream cheese cookies and boy are those delicious!!! All in all I ended up only spending $14 out of my shopping budget, which in my book is a win! 

Seriously these cookies are amazing! 
For a limited time only so stock up!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Those are some awesome deals! I can't wait to see the polka dot dress, I bet it is super cute!

Lauren,
http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/