Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Very Downton Day

        My entire family is hooked on PBS's Downton Abbey! If you have not watched it I highly suggest you start. As an Amazon Prime member you can watch now the first two season. I began watching it between the first and second seasons. Even the preview gives me the chills! 




      Being home on spring break now and my birthday in April, my Aunts, sister and mom come up with a wonderful idea of a surprise downton abbey tea party to celebrate. I was told we were going boutique'ing in their town and we were stopping by my aunts house to condense cars. My only tip off was how slow my mom was driving and her texting and driving (both are something she hardly does). Anyway we arrived and all four of them plus my grandma were all dressed up ready to greet us. After piecing it all together I was led into the house to change into the outfit they bought for me- of course it included a crown. We than condensed cars and were off to a tea room. We had a three course low tea which included a chi tea, african tea and finally my favorite a strawberry kiwi tea.



Lady Van Thompson and the Dowager 
(mom and grandma) 

                                  
Picking our tea cups. My aunt to the left was coming straight from the hunt! 

 
The aunts and me after tea. 



my birthday tea cake! 


Lady Van Thompson and her daughters 
(my mom,me and my sister)


      The owner of the tea room came to our table to briefly give us some history of tea. It is so interesting how different countries serve tea and what they serve with tea. (The more I learn about the European culture the more I wish to travel abroad.) It was only fitting the I received the first pieces of a tea set for my birthday! The design is Prince Albert Country Roses and I love it! Hopefully I will slowly develop it to become a full set and pass it down to a child of mine in the far future. 

Lady of Glass and myself 
(my aunt who gave me a tea set and myself) 





All in all it was such a downton day!



No comments: